How to Manage Stress
The Present Situation and Its Effects:
1. Stress is your reaction to something you consider a challenge or a threat. Stress is a natural part of life. Modern people are stressed out or under too much stress.
2. Stress is a natural part of life.
3. Stress is hard to define because it means different things to different people; however, it is clear that most stress is a negative feeling rather than a positive feeling.
4. Despite the highly developed material life, modern people are leading an unprecedented stressful life.
5. Some stressors are so powerful that they would evoke significant emotional distress in most mentally healthy people, and trigger mental disorders.
1. You may feel physical stress which is the result of too much to do, not enough sleep, a poor diet or the effects of an illness.
2. Nowadays the social competition is becoming fiercer and everyone wants to cope with adversity and to flourish in their education, vocation, and personal relationships.
1. If your stress is chronic , it may require more attention and lifestyle changes.
2. Exercise. Regular exercise is a popular way to relieve stress. Twenty to thirty minutes of physical activity benefits both the body and the mind.
3. Hobbies. Take a break from your worries by doing something you enjoy. Whether it is gardening or painting, schedule time to indulge your interest.
4. Healthy lifestyle. Good nutrition makes a difference. Limit intake of caffeine and alcohol, get adequate rest, exercise, and balance work and play.
5. Share your feelings. A conversation with a friend lets you know that you are not the only one having a bad day, caring for a sick child or working in a busy office. Stay in touch with friends and family. Let them provide love, support and guidance. Don’t try to cope alone.
6. Lower demands you put on yourself. Live for today. Don’t dwell in the past of worry about the future.
7. Develop other interests that will help you forget about your problems for a while. Sports work for some people, reading, exercising or socializing for others.
Lea 三星教师 擅长：雅思口语写作听力...